Sunday, August 9, 2009

First morning

Habari za asubuhi (good morning). Day 1 - we were delayed at the airport waiting for Becky's flight to arrive from London so we sent the team to Gracia house ahead of us to get their rooms and try and sleep for today's drive to Kitale, of which is usually 8 hours. Gideon tells us that the roads have improved and the ride should not be so bad so we will leave at 10 am rather than the crack of dawn. They are experiencing a severe drought and the whole country is rationing electricity. Marj and I woke early before dawn and found that the lights went out while we were trying to get ready. It was pretty funny as I was brushing my teeth and it went totally black in the room. We fumbled around looking for my flash light only to find that the batteries were dead. Lesson - Always check your flash light before you pack it. Meeting team at 8 for breakfast. Love Debbie and the Team!

1 comment:

  1. Praise to God everyone survived the flights and have gotten a good night sleep. We are praying for your all. This is a great way to keep everyone updated. I would have liked to be in the room with you guys without the lights, I would still be laughing!! Give everyone a big hug for me and tell them I wish I could have been there. Your first day is close to ending and you all are, I bet, pretty tired, so get a good night sleep. Lala Salama (Sleep Well)
    Love you all Jodi

    Quick note to someone who knows, I didn't know what profile I should be using so if anyone knows and can they explain it to me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete