Sunday, August 29, 2010

First moments in Kenya

The flight here and experience at the Nairobi airport was familar to me and so I didn't feel strange or out of place. I'm glad to be back, to see the friends OWI and I have made over the years and to continue to work alongside them in whatever God calls this team to do. Yes we have an agenda but I am hoping that I hold it loosely so that it is His plans not mine that are fulfilled. We arrived at Mayfield later than we hoped to as one of my bags did not show up. I reported it to baggage claim and then left to greet our very good friend Gideon who was and has been there at every trip OWI has made in the last 7 years. He has gone over and above the call of hired driver to become a trusted friend and brother to us all. It was great to see him waiting there for us. After the introductions to our new traveler, Leslie and news of family shared, we jumped into our van and he quickly got us to. The Mayfied Guest House where we will stay for one night. As I tip toed around hoping to not wake the other guests, I thanked God for a safe trip, for sleep thru the night and a suitcase in the morning BEFORE we leave for Kitale in the morning.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment